Last Updated: 21 September 2023
Welcome to QikSolve
If You disagree with the practices described in this policy, You should (a) take the necessary steps to remove cookies from Your computer after leaving our website, and (b) discontinue Your use of our Services.
We respect and are committed to protecting your privacy. QikSolve is bound by and intends to comply with the Australian National Privacy Principles (NPPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) when dealing with personal information. For further information about the NPPs, you can visit the Australian Privacy Commissioner’s website at www.privacy.gov.au. QikSolve may rely on the related bodies’ corporate exemption and the employee records exemption in the Privacy Act and any other applicable exemption in the Privacy Act or other legislation. We also seek to comply with:
QikSolve uses and safeguards the information collected, as outlined in the below policy.
Who is collecting your data?
QikSolve is an Australian private company, headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. Our Australian Business Number is 55 600 26345.
The Data we collect depends on how our Services are used. Sometimes we receive Data directly, such as when an account on our website is created, an application is made for a job or we receive an email. Other times, we get Data by recording interactions with our Services by, for example, using technologies like cookies. We also get Data from third parties, like our credit card processing suppliers.
The collection and use of data from a variety of sources is essential to our ability to provide our Services.
Data We Collect
- Personal Data. We call Data that identifies, or that could reasonably be used to identify, You as an individual as “Personal Data”. We collect Personal Data in different ways. For example, we collect Personal Data when an account is created on our training website, when a purchase is made from us, when a person registers for an event, when a person responds to QikSolve emails or surveys or when someone applies for a job with QikSolve. We also receive Personal Data from other sources, such as our partners, financial service providers, and publicly available sources. Personal Data does not include Data that has been aggregated or made anonymous such that it can no longer be reasonably associated with a specific person. The Personal Data that we may collect includes:
> Contact details, such as name, postal address, telephone number, email address;
> Employment details, so as previous employers, roles and responsibilities
> Other Personal Data, such as date of birth, tax file number and gender.
> Opinions and questions, such as the comments made and questions asked at events and online.
- Other Data. We call Data other than Personal Data “Other Data”. We collect Other Data through a variety of sources. One of our sources for Other Data is cookies and other technologies that record Data about the use of our websites, websites that implement our Services, and the use of our Services generally. Other Data that we may collect include:
- Browser and device data, such as IP address, device type, operating system and Internet browser type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, plug-ins, add-ons and the version of the Services You are using;
- Transaction data, such as purchases, purchase amount, date of purchase, and payment method;
- Cookie and tracking technology data, such as time spent on the Services, pages visited, language preferences, and other anonymous traffic data; and
- Company data, such as a company’s legal structure, product and service offerings, jurisdiction, company financial, human resources and GMP records and information provided as part of engaging our services.
- Information from Healthcare professionals, the safety team at QikSolve will gather various information from you, including your name, business address, business and mobile phone numbers, and email address. Additionally, they may request information about your treatment site affiliation, such as the hospital you work at and its contact information. If you report any adverse events, product complaints, or medical information inquiries related to your patients, they may ask for details about these events.
How We Use Data
We and our service providers use Personal Data to: (i) provide the Services; (ii) detect and prevent fraud; (iii) mitigate financial loss or other harm to Users, Customers, and QikSolve; and (iv) promote, analyze and improve our products, systems, and tools. Examples of how we may use Personal Data include:
- To verify an identity for compliance purposes;
- To fulfil obligations under relevant industry codes of conduct, meet regulatory requirements and legal obligations.
- To contact individuals to request information.
- To provide information related to your product.
- To help monitor the safety and efficacy of pharmaceutical products and devices.
- To evaluate an application for a job;
- To respond to inquiries, send service notices and provide customer support;
- To process a payment to QikSolveand provide related customer service;
- For audits, regulatory purposes, and compliance with industry standards;
- To develop new products and services;
- To send marketing communications;
- To improve or modify our Services; and
- To conduct aggregate analysis and develop business intelligence that enable us to operate, protect, make informed decisions, and report on the performance of, our business.
Credit card information
QikSolve does not retain any credit card information entered on our websites. When purchasing from Qiksolve your credit card details are passed through a secure server using the latest encryption technology. All purchases are paid for on our merchant account website, stripe.com. When you enter your credit card details, the information is used by Stripe to confirm your details and approve the payment. QikSolve does not receive your credit card information – only confirmation that the payment has been accepted.
Informed Consent (Health Data)
If QikSolve obtains personal information directly from someone, it will notify the individual about the reason and method for collecting their data. The company will also disclose who may have access to the information and provide instructions on accessing, modifying, or filing a complaint about the data. Sometimes QikSolve will collect personal data from individuals other than those the information relates to (e.g., a Health Care Professional or carer). QikSolve will attempt to verify if consent has been provided before retaining any personal information in these cases. QikSolve will only use personal information if consent has been provided. In cases where consent cannot be confirmed or has not been given, QikSolve will protect privacy by de-identifying the information.
How We Disclose Data
QikSolve does not sell or rent Personal Data to marketers or unaffiliated third parties. We share Your Personal Data with trusted third parties, including:
- To QikSolve Service Providers. We share Data with service providers who help us provide the Services. Service providers help us with things like payment processing (i.e., banks, credit bureaus, payment method providers), website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure, customer service, email delivery, and auditing. We also use service providers to provide specialist skills and equipment in order to provide our Services.
- To Third Parties. We will share Data with third parties in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- Commercial and Healthcare Providing Clients. We are obligated to transfer and disclose safety information and related personal data in relation to a client’s product to the client for analysis and to comply with regulatory authority reporting requirements such as the submission of adverse event information to the Therapeutic Goods Administration, or State and Territory drug and other international health authorities.
- Safety, Legal Purposes and Law Enforcement. We use and disclose Data as we believe necessary: (i) under applicable law, or payment method rules; (ii) to enforce our terms and conditions; (iii) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, You or others; and (iv) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside Your country of residence.
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Data within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If You have reason to believe that Your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if You feel that the security of Your QikSolve account has been compromised), please contact us immediately.
Choice and Access
You have choices regarding our use and disclosure of Your Personal Data:
- Opting out of receiving electronic communications from us. If You no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, You may opt-out via the unsubscribe link included in such emails. We will try to comply with Your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable, as per the Australian Privacy Laws. Please note that if You opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send You important administrative messages that are required to provide You with our Services.
- How You can access or change Your Personal Data. If You would like to review, correct, or update Personal Data that You have previously disclosed to us, You may do so by signing in to Your account on our websites or by contacting us.
If emailing us Your request, please make clear in the email what Personal Data You would like to have changed. For Your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Data associated with the particular email address that You use to send us Your request, and we may need to verify Your identity before implementing Your request. We will try to comply with Your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Data that forms part of a Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) record, such as training records, will be retained for the period specified by the appropriate GMP regulation or guideline. Please note that we have a variety of obligations to retain the Data that You provide to us, including to meet GMP requirements. Accordingly, even if You close Your QikSolve Account, we will retain certain Data to meet our obligations. There may also be residual Data that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
Typical retention periods for the personal data we most commonly receive are as follows:
- Event registrations: We will typically keep the information you provide when registering for a QikSOlve hosted event for five years after the last event you register for.
- Emails: If you send us an unsolicited email we may retain it for 1 year, to facilitate any subsequent communications.
- Resumes: If you apply for a job with QikSolve we may retain your resume and other information you provide for approximately 12 months. We may refer to this information in order to communicate with you about other job opportunities.
- Data received as part of doing business with us: If you purchase Services or Products from QikSolve we will keep your information in our databases for approximately 5 years after date of completion of the last purchase. This allows us to respond to any subsequent requests for support or for further products and services. If any of the data forms part of a GMP record then we will keep it for 5 years or for the retention period specified in the relevant GMP regulation or guidelines, whichever is longer.
As per health legislation, QikSolve must keep certain personal information for a specific period. Once that time is up, the personal data will be returned to the client or securely destroyed.
Use of Services by Minors
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that they not provide Personal Data through the Services.
Jurisdiction and Cross-Border Transfer
QikSolve as a Data Processor
We may collect, use and disclose certain Personal Data about Customers when acting as the User’s service provider, for example, if we have been commissioned to perform due diligence activities prior to a purchase by a User. Our Users are responsible for making sure that the Customer’s privacy rights are respected, including ensuring appropriate disclosures about third party data collection and use. To the extent that we are acting as a User’s data processor, we will process Personal Data in accordance with the terms of our agreement with the User and the User’s lawful instructions.
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card or other sensitive Data (such as racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, health, or the like) in Your emails to us.
If you feel that QikSolve is not living up to its stated information policy, you may contact the Australian Privacy Commissioner. Their website is www.privacy.gov.au